10xTATAMI JIGSAW INTERLOCKING FLOOR MATS
The Morgan 2cm interlocking jigsaw mats are the mat to purchase when you're looking for a quality flooring surface for your martial arts studio or at-home workout area. Our 2cm thick martial arts interlocking mats work well for Karate and Taekwondo participants as well as those practising other striking arts. The dual colours universal locking mats are also great for creating patterns and designated training areas inside your Dojo or fitness centre by allowing the mats to be flipped over to expose the reversible colour. Our mats are supplied as a 1m x 1m x 2cm thick surface area with 4 pcs of additional edging to seamlessly finish of the laying process in your centre. Made in Taiwan under the strictest of quality control standards, our jigsaw mats are used by 100’s of schools and fitness centres Australia wide.
These interlocking Karate mats are constructed of firm, high-quality ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) foam. The tiles offer a traditional Tatami surface finish specifically designed for bare feet, as well as soft shoe footwork and striking moves. The surface is perfect for allowing quick movements from participants and athletes, which is important for Karate and Taekwondo. The EVA material for each of our 2cm thick Karate mat tiles carries a Shore A 40-45 density rating. The tiles contain materials that are safe for children. The EVA foams are extremely durable and do not absorb liquids. This is a special type of closed cell foam. It costs a bit more than open cell foam, but those types of foams potentially will absorb moisture, which can lead to problems with odor, mold and mildew.
- High grip Tatami finish
- Universal locking pattern - great for creating patterns
- 1-meter square
- 4pcs edging included
- Mats can be washed with detergents
- 100% EVA 40-45 degree (shore A) hardness (this is the recommended shore grading for karate and Taekwondo mats, any higher in value and the mats become too dense and lose their effectiveness and overall safety for users especially when practising jump kicks and other movements with excess stress on leg joints)
- Made in TAIWAN under strict quality control
- Available in dual/reversible colour
Deep Jigsaw pattern to eliminate mats pulling apart when in use
- 3 & 4cm mats are approved by NSW tactical police training centres and have been used for ADF training facility fit-outs.
Note regarding the expansion of mats by Phil Chapman from Sensei's Martial Arts Supplies, Sydney:
"I have been selling Morgan 2, 3 & 4cm mats for 12+ years and found them to be the best tatami jigsaw mats available in Australia, a problem that sometimes may occur for 2cm mats is that people do not leave enough room for expansion, mats expand during the day and contract at night, this is typical of either very hot tropical areas or very cold areas, if you have 20 in a line you may get an expansion between 20 to 30 mm. To avoid this problem always consider going up to 3cm or 4cm mats"
Delivery details and options
- Please provide us a business or home address suitable for a 9am-5pm Mon - Fri delivery (Ground floor delivery allowed for).
- Ensure that someone will be available to receive and assist with delivery if heavy items are involved.
- We cannot advise the exact day and time delivery will occur however we will email you the tracking details and the freight company contact details and they can provide you a better estimation of the time.
IMPORTANT: Orders will not be shipped until we receive special delivery instructions and have a shipping address so please ensure you provide these to ensure no delay.
If you are not able or certain you can receive delivery in person between 9am – 5pm Mon - Fri the alternative options are:
Authority to Leave
Please provide your instructions in the Special Delivery Notes field on check out page to leave your order in a specific place e.g 'Please leave around the back of house behind the bins.'
Note - if you authorise your order to be left in a specific place there can be no claims for damaged or missing items
If you would like to pick up the order from your local freight depot you can select this option and we will notify you of the courier depot details for your area.
NOTE FOR HEAVY DELIVERIES:
If you require delivery to a residential address and your order contains any single boxed items over 50kg or combination of heavy/large items : (over 250kg) a tail lift service will likely be required and costs $149.The tail lift charge is not included in the shipping calculator on this website and needs to be added to the total if the service is required. Please contact us if you are unsure whether this service will be required for your order.
The following situations can be exempt from tail lift charges:
- Deliveries to Sydney addresses where the receiver can organise manual unload.
- Deliveries to business addresses with forklift access.
- Deliveries to local depots for customer pick up please ask us for the closest depot if you are in a regional/remote area.
- An order to a residential address weighing up to 250kg where no single boxed item exceeds 50kg.
Please note: Sometimes in the event that a tail lift truck is not available the freight carrier will hand unload the heavy items off the truck. Hand unload by the freight carrier is covered by the tail lift surcharge if the tail lift service is not available.
1. Once your product is added to cart click View Cart.
2. Enter your postcode at cart to see shipping costs.