Score Extra Brownie Points This Valentine’s Day With This Healthy Brownie Recipe!
With Valentine’s Day approaching so fast, whether you're spending it with yourself, your friends or loved ones...
Here's an easy and healthy Brownie Recipe that won't break your bank or hurt your heart! Instead it will have you indulging in the healthiest way possible!
These Brownies are chunky, and filled with rich guilt-free goodness!
This recipe produces around 15 medium size brownies, only take 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook.
- 2 cups of Zucchini (shredded)
- 1 egg
- ½ a cup of coconut oil (melted)
- ½ a cup of maple syrup/honey
- 1 tea spoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ a cup of cacao powder (don't worry this stuff is okay in moderation!)
- 1 ½ tea spoon of baking soda
- ½ tea spoon salt
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- Preheat your oven to 190°C
- Line some baking paper inside your baking dish - you can add a bit of butter/sprayed oil to ensure it doesn't stick.
- Shred your zucchini (can be course) and keep it in a colander until needed.
- Add 1 egg, ½ a cup of coconut oil, ½ a cup of maple syrup/honey and 1 tea spoon pure vanilla extract to a clean bowl and use a whisk to mix it all up!
- Then add ½ a cup of cacao powder, 1 ½ tea spoon of baking soda
- and ½ a tea spoon salt and mix it all up until it’s all combined (it should have a medium thickness consistency).
- Squeeze out some of the moisture from the Zucchini, add to your bowl and combine with other ingredients.
- Slowly add small portions of your 1 cup of whole wheat flour and mix.
- Put your batter into the baking dish you prepared earlier.
- Pop it in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, until the centre seems cooked.
- Remove your zucchini brownies from the oven and let them chill for an hour (if you have a cooling rack - you can use this)
- Cut the brownies into your desired pieces once the zucchini brownies are cool.
- Try not to over bake these brownies
- Toothpick test: You can do this at the 25-minute mark if it looks cooked - your toothpick shouldn't come out looking clean.
- Storage: You can store these yummy brownies in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge. Or freeze them for a few months!
- You can also add some fruits and nuts as a topping!
Each brownie has around 124 calories per serving, 12% fat and 5% carbs & 4% protein!
We hope you enjoy your Valentine’s Day with these mouth-watering, guilt-free Zucchini Brownies!