Honey, here are your health benefits!
With the winter flu already sweeping across the nation… we thought we’d remind our gym direct fam of all the awesome health benefits that you get in a jar of delicious honey!
- One of the best natural remedies for the common cold/cough and sore throats thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties
- Mix it into some green/black/ginger tea
- Shot a spoon full every few hours of your day
- Reduces oxidative stress
- Reduces inflammation
- Protects you against strokes, heart disease and cancer
- Helps your digestive system
- Healing helper for burns, wounds and other skin conditions.
- Used to help prevent acne, dandruff and itchy skin
- Can help boost your athletic performance
- Mix it into your protein shake or brekky smoothies
- Great alternative to sugar!
Chandra, J.-G. (2018, December 19). Nutrition. Retrieved from University Health News Daily: https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/nutrition/benefits-honey-can-heal-inside/
Healh, A. G.-D. (2019, April). Flu Trends in Australia. Retrieved from Health Direct : https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/flu-trends