With the winter flu already sweeping across the nation… we thought we’d remind our gym direct fam of all the awesome health benefits that you get in a jar of delicious honey!
- One of the best natural remedies for the common cold/cough and sore throats thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties
- Mix it into some green/black/ginger tea
- Shot a spoon full every few hours of your day
- Reduces oxidative stress
- Reduces inflammation
- Protects you against strokes, heart disease and cancer
- Helps your digestive system
- Healing helper for burns, wounds and other skin conditions.
- Used to help prevent acne, dandruff and itchy skin
- Can help boost your athletic performance
- Mix it into your protein shake or brekky smoothies
- Great alternative to sugar!
Chandra, J.-G. (2018, December 19). Nutrition. Retrieved from University Health News Daily: https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/nutrition/benefits-honey-can-heal-inside/
Healh, A. G.-D. (2019, April). Flu Trends in Australia. Retrieved from Health Direct : https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/flu-trends