- TATAMI JIGSAW INTERLOCKING FLOOR MATSThe Morgan 3cm interlocking jigsaw mats are the mat to purchase when you're looking for a strong and highly durable, yet flexible enough to provide a cushion. You can find these jiu-jitsu mats in professional MMA studios nationwide. MMA, wrestling, jiu-jitsu, and other combat sports all need workout surfaces equipped with a number of features. Quality flooring surface for your martial arts studio or at-home workout area. Our 3cm mats must be soft and cushioning for athlete safety, yet firm enough to provide traction and grip. And while the surface shouldn't cause burns, it also can't be too slick or slippery. Our grappling mats have been designed to meet those very specific needs of jiu-jitsu, wrestling, and MMA training.
The dual colours universal locking mats are also great for creating patterns and designated training areas inside your Dojo or fitness centre by allowing the mats to be flipped over to expose the reversible colour. Our mats are supplied as a 1m x 1m x 3cm thick surface area with 4 pcs of additional edging to seamlessly finish of the laying process in your centre. Made in Taiwan under the strictest of quality control standards, our jigsaw mats are used by 100’s of schools and fitness centres Australia wide.
These interlocking mats are constructed of firm, high-quality ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) foam. The EVA material for each of our 3cm thick mat tiles carries a Shore A 40-45 density rating. They're also rated to prevent head injuries in falls of up to 1.35m, prioritising athlete safety and allowing you to train with confidence. The tiles contain materials that are safe for children. The EVA foams are extremely durable and do not absorb liquids. This is a special type of closed cell foam. It costs a bit more than open cell foam, but those types of foams potentially will absorb moisture, which can lead to problems with odour, mould, and mildew.
The real advantage of these mats lies in their no-burn surface texture. This specially designed surface offers enough traction and grip for footwork, rolls, and ground manoeuvres. However, the durable tatami top texture reduces the chances of a scrape or rug-burn that can keep athletes out of competition and training. These mats are an excellent choice for athletes who want to train hard without the risk of scrapes and burns that so often occur with grappling sports. In the event that blood or sweat comes into contact with the mats, it's no big concern. The mats are non-absorbent and easy to sanitise.
- High grip Tatami finish
- Universal locking pattern - great for creating patterns
- 1-meter square
- 4pcs edging included
- Mats can be washed with detergents
- 100% EVA 40-45 degree (shore A) hardness (recommended for aggressive groundwork with extensive grappling and throwing) any higher inshore value the mats are too dense and do not break impact falls safely
- Critical fall test = 1.35m
- Made in TAIWAN under strict quality control
- Available in dual/reversible colour
- Deep Jigsaw pattern to eliminate mats pulling apart when in use
- The listed price is per single piece with edging
- 3 & 4cm mats are approved by NSW tactical police training centres and have been used for ADF training facility fit-outs.
Phil Chapman from Sensie's Martial Arts Supplies, Sydney;
"I have been selling Morgan 2, 3 & 4cm mats for 12+ years and found them to be the best tatami jigsaw mats available in Australia"